In Post-Scriptum, you have the choice to play in 4 different sections: Commander, Squadmate, Logistician, Armored crewman. For each sections, don't sign in as a leader if you don't have a microphone or don't wish to communicate... This is primordial for the game as a good game goes through good communication between each section.
- 1 Commander section (1 slot) :
- 2 Squad section (9 slots) :
- 2.1 - Squad-leader
- 2.2 - Radioman
- 2.3 - Rifleman
- 2.4 - Medic/Sanitater (1 Unlocked at 4 players, 2 unlocked at 7 players)
- 2.5 - Machine-Gunner (1 max unlocked at 4 players)
- 2.6 - Anti-tank (1 max unlocked at 4 players)
- 2.7 - Grenadier (1 max unlocked at 4 players)
- 2.8 - Sapper (1 max unlocked at 4 players)
- 2.9 - Marksman (1 max unlocked at 4 players)
- 2.10 - Light Mortar (1 max unlocked at 4 players)
- 3 Logistic section (4 slots):
- 4 Armored section (4 slots):
- 5 List of gear
Commander section (1 slot) :[edit | edit source]
As a commander, you're all by yourself and you're supposed to give orders to all your squad leaders in game. This is an important role and it has to be played by an experienced player if you want to win. It's him that synchronize and set up actions between squads.
In your possession, you have AI tools to support your squad in defending/attacking positions, but you have to be near a radio to be able to call for it, you have your own jeep at the main base which is equipped with a radio so that you can travel the battleground and see for yourself where help is needed and the result of your call for support.
You can order up to 3 attack planes to attack a ground position with their machine guns, up to 2 bombers to attack a ground position and you can order 1 HE atillery fire and 1 smoke artillery fire on a ground position. Note that each of this support has a reload time (10min approx) and the artilleries are limited in shell.
Squad section (9 slots) :[edit | edit source]
You can fill a slot in a squad to take part in the fight, the maximum member of one squad is 9 players. And some roles are locked until a minimum of players as joined your squad.
- Squad-leader[edit | edit source]
Gives order to his own squad (B button) and communicate with commander and other squad leaders on channel (G button),he marks enemy on the map and set up a rally point (T button, 6min duration) in a stealth place for his squad to be able to spawn. To be able to dothis he'll need his radioman next to him or 2 members of his squad
- Radioman[edit | edit source]
Follows his squad-leader to provide him rally point
- Rifleman[edit | edit source]
Fight for the win and provides ammunation crate for MG/ANTITANK/SAPPER/LIGHT MORTAR in priority and sandbags for MG.
- Medic/Sanitater (1 Unlocked at 4 players, 2 unlocked at 7 players)[edit | edit source]
Revives deadly wounded players with their siringe and fully heal wounded players with their bandages.
- Machine-Gunner (1 max unlocked at 4 players)[edit | edit source]
Provides covering fire in key position as he can greatly suppressed enemies, require to use bipod (C button) to be accurate.
- Anti-tank (1 max unlocked at 4 players)[edit | edit source]
Focuses in destroying any enemy vehicles he can hear / see, especialy tanks and MSP's
- Grenadier (1 max unlocked at 4 players)[edit | edit source]
Uses anti infanty propelled grenades with his rifle
- Sapper (1 max unlocked at 4 players)[edit | edit source]
Focuses himself in destroying FOB's (as it require explosive charge to be destructed) and tanks if he can get close to it
- Marksman (1 max unlocked at 4 players)[edit | edit source]
Takes highground or great line of sight on the flank of enemy progression axis
- Light Mortar (1 max unlocked at 4 players)[edit | edit source]
Provides suppress has he mortar shell enemy lines, has to be proned (C button when prone and mouse to set range up to 240m)
If you want the kit detail of each loadout, visit each regiment pages (on the main page) as the loadout changes with the regiment you're playing for.[edit | edit source]
Logistic section (4 slots):[edit | edit source]
The support squad! by excellence, it gets 2 logistic trucks to support its team in her actions, have the one of two trucks refilling at main base at all time, so you always have one on the objective to build with. Try not to lose any logistic truck to the enemy as they're your main weapon and don't go fighting the enemy directly, it's not your job.
Attacking :[edit | edit source]
- You have to build FOB's (Forward Operation Base) to provide a spawn location to your team, as rally point, you have to hide it in a forest or a building, the logistic SL can set it up by having a more than half full construction truck neaby (T button then Building then FOB)
- You have to build mortar pits to support your team, ask the other squadleaders where they could need mortar support and support your infantry. Reminder, you get up to 2 free mortars close to each FOB you build.
- You have to build repair stations. This is essential to the armored section giving it the ability to repair their vehicles close to the frontline.
Defending :[edit | edit source]
- You have to build defense fortifications on the objective to defend to provide cover to your team. You have plenty tools to achieve this as sandbags, barbed wire, stationary machine guns, barricades and hedgehogs to make your team’s job of defending easier. If you're happy of your fortification. Think of what you could do more, there is always something to do.
- You have to build ammo crates for your team on each objective. It's very important for MG/AT/MOTAR/SAPPER.
Great video to understand the job "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PJFDDUvmI&feature=youtu.be"
Armored section (4 slots):[edit | edit source]
The tank support squad, you get heavy tanks and light tanks at your disposal.
Your job is to provide support to your infantry. Coordinate with infantry squad leaders to help them providing cover with your tank and suppressing the enemy.
Stay at range, especially if you know and enemy tank is nearby, wait to shot until you get a good angle as the armor thickness and the shell angle matter in the game. Prefers to have a fully crewed tank (4 players) than split up your squad in two vehicles. Tank MG's are as deadly as the main gun.
If you sustained any damage in battle, don't hesitate to go in a repair station or to ask for one at your logistic section.
|This article is a stub. You can help Post Scriptum Wiki by .|
Various gear is present in Post Scriptum.
List of gear[edit | edit source]